Sound Effects End User License Agreement
Terms and Conditions
De Wolfe and Sound Ideas sound effects are sold to you with a lifetime non-transferable worldwide license for synchronization rights only. By accepting any De Wolfe or Sound Ideas sound effects you acknowledge and agree to the stated terms, conditions and limitations of use. In the event of a breach of this License Agreement, action may be taken against you directly by the owner of the copyright.
De Wolfe and Sound Ideas sound effects must be purchased directly from De Wolfe or Sound Ideas (or one of its authorized Distributors.) Unauthorized resale of De Wolfe or Sound Ideas sound effects is prohibited.
You have the right to synchronize the audio content from any De Wolfe and Sound Ideas sound effects with audio and/or visual productions or applications such as · film, video, DVD & TV productions · training, marketing and trade show presentations · corporate videos & educational applications · on hold messages & advertising · radio presentations & commercials · television presentations & commercials · live performances · speech & audio book products · Web pages & multimedia presentations · Online streaming and video broadcast sites such as Youtube · Social Media such as Facebook and Twitter · PowerPoint & Flash productions · interactive programs & computer games & synchronized content for Apps · AV & computer generated displays, podcasts (all such applications hereinafter referred to as "the Production"). You may create copies of the Production. If you sell, lease, give away or otherwise distribute copies of the Production, the rights and limitations to De Wolfe and Sound Ideas synchronized audio content as outlined in this End User License Agreement are in effect for the life of the Production and pass automatically to the End User of the Production. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Copyright infringement is a serious offence. De Wolfe and Sound Ideas protects its copyright by all necessary means, including legal action. You are not authorized to:
- Make copies of any sound effects products, except as may be designated to a single stand alone workstation for the sole purpose of specific audio and / or visual synchronization at your own facility. You are only licensed to keep one copy of the audio content on one stand alone workstation at any given time unless otherwise directly licensed by De Wolfe or Sound Ideas .
- Copy, duplicate, provide access to, sell, lease, loan or give away unsynchronized sounds from any De Wolfe or Sound Ideas sound effects by any means including the World Wide Web, streaming audio or any delivery method now known or which shall become known.
- Transfer, re-record, copy or duplicate any De Wolfe and Sound Ideas sound effects, in whole or in part, for any purpose not authorised under this End User License Agreement without express written authorization from De Wolfe. You may not transfer any De Wolfe or Sound Ideas sound effects, in whole or in part, electronically or via any peer to peer file sharing program, FTP site, service bureau operation, DRS, computer network or in any way not expressly allowed by De Wolfe or Sound Ideas.
- Provide remote access to unsynchronized sounds from any De Wolfe or Sound Ideas sound effects to any location remote from your licensed address without a valid Remote Access License issued directly to you for this specific purpose by De Wolfe or Sound Ideas.
- Provide sounds from any De Wolfe or Sound Ideas sound effects in whole or in part as mobile telecom audio content such as ring tones, ringback tones, soundscapes, multimedia messaging services (MMS), voice messaging, audio enhancements, greeting mail services, or other content applications now known or which shall become known, without a valid license issued directly to you for this specific purpose by De Wolfe or Sound Ideas.
- Provide De Wolfe and Sound Ideas sound effects in whole or in part as unsynchronized content within other mobile communications or entertainment applications, such as iTunes Apps, or as unsynchronized content offered in software packages.
- Provide De Wolfe or Sound Ideas sound effects in whole or in part within retail toys, electronic sampling products or program chips.
- Sell or otherwise dispose of computers, hard drives or discs or any other electronic storage media which contains De Wolfe or Sound Ideas' sound effects unless all the sounds have been deleted. All sounds maintained on any computers, hard drives, discs or any other electronic storage media must be deleted before the transfer or sale of any computer, hard drive or disc that contains any De Wolfe or Sound Ideas proprietary materials.
- Sounds identified on the De Wolfe or Sound Ideas web sites as Restricted Sound Effects require separate licensing from a third party.
Sound Ideas warrants that your use of Sound Ideas sound effects in accordance with this License does not infringe on any third party proprietary rights.
De Wolfe and Sound Ideas accept no responsibility for any loss of business or business profits resulting directly or indirectly from the performance of any De Wolfe or Sound Ideas sound effects. De Wolfe and Sound Ideas’ liability is limited and restricted solely to replacement at no charge of the De Wolfe or Sound Ideas sound effects in question.
Your purchase of any De Wolfe or Sound Ideas product (CD, DVD, Download, Individual Track or Hard Drive) grants you a lifetime non-transferable worldwide license for synchronization rights only. You are allowed to create a single working copy of all sounds contained within the product to store as a backup. The sounds are to be used only for the authorized purposes as defined in the Sound Ideas End User License Agreement.
Every purchase of a De Wolfe or Sound Ideas product includes permission for you to access the sounds from up to 2 workstations installed at 1 address location (Onsite). A license is required, but there is no fee.
If you are going to access the sounds from 3 or more on-site workstations, or if you are going to access the sounds from a workstation located at more than one physical address location (remote sites), you need a multi-user license.